Friday 29 June 2012

Things That Make Me Go...

..................*headtilt* …really?
·        People friending me on Facebook while blocking their info so I can’t find out anything about them. Why would I friend someone I don’t know without knowing a thing about them? That’s just…weird. And potentially dangerous.
·        People who follow my very obviously m/m author and reader Goodreads page and private message me with promotions for their het romance books. Just…what?
·        The man who scooped his dog’s poop into a plastic bag, carried it two blocks, then dumped it out of the bag into the ditch beside my house, directly across the street from the poop-scoop receptacle at the park. We even have a special garbage can with a lid for this function in our park (Though I don't envy the city employee who gets the job of emptying that sucker!) I don’t know the man. I don’t know the dog. Ok, and I confess, that one maybe made me say a few choicer things than “really?”
·        Oh! Or the woman who chastised her two yr old for picking the daisies in the park, but said nary a word when the kid wandered into my yard and proceeded to pick mine out of my garden. (Won’t even mention the fact that the woman didn’t cross the street with the girl) Next thing you know, they’ll be helping themselves to the peas and tomatoes.
·        The 200 lb garbage man overheard saying “Oh! I wonder how we missed that!” after he didn’t deign to hop off the back of the garbage truck to get the bag of garbage that had slipped into the ditch, even though he clearly looked right at it and decided not to pick it up until my 80 lb 12-yr-old daughter went out and set it daintily on the curb and the driver backed up so they could collect it. And the guy heaved it in the back of the truck with both hands like it weighed more than he did.
·        The jerk wad who races from 0-60 clicks between every stop sign on our street, on which is situated a primary school, an assisted living home for mentally challenged adults, a busy convenience store and a park, not to mention about thirty residential homes.

And finally, returning home from work after picking up groceries, then getting yelled at for helping my son understand his English work (I'm sorry, who's the writer again? Oh! Right. That would ME!) and being asked what I'm making for dinner. REALLY???????

Thank Goodness it's Friday. All I have to say....

So? What are the things that make you wantto smack someone upside the head? Share!

7 comments:

Perpetua said...

People that don't indicate when driving!!

Jaime Samms said...

Yes, Petchie! Or stop at a red light in the middle of the cross walk so you have to walk half way into the intersection to gt by them. That peeves me.

Michele_lm said...

People who can't seem to look at me when I talk to them. Or cut me off to talk.UGH.

Jaime Samms said...

Eye contact. Yes. I wish more people understood. hell I wish my kids understood why they need to look at me when we are conversing...oy!

And interrupters. I live with three of them. Very annoying. My kids have no clue how to discern when two people are having a conversation and they should wait a minute before speaking. Like...duh! lips are moving, sounds coming out....not rocket science! (I think that might be parent fail. *sadface*)

Anonymous said...

People who begin a sentence with, "But really, don't you think?" and then try to convince you not too...

Marci Baun said...

Things that drive me nuts? How much time do you have? Let's see, people who drive the wrong way in a parking lot to try totals the spot you've been waiting for with your blinker on. That's one. People who walk their dogs, let them shit in our yard, and then leave it there. O.o Someone who drives really fast, cuts in front of me, only to turn 20 yards down the road. You couldn't have gotten behind me where no one else is? Really? The husband telling me how to do something I've been doing for 30+ years more than him. Really?

Yeah, I have lots of those, Jaime. (g)

Faith Bicknell said...

People who talk on their cells while driving, especially when I have to hit the ditch to keep them from hitting me head on!

People who stand in the middle of the grocery aisle and refuse to move even when you say "Excuse me can I get by you?" a dozen times.

People who let their kids act like vicious animals in your home or restaurants and refuse to correct them.

People who...LOL!