Wednesday 24 November 2010

Guest Blog with Teresa D'Amario


Hey everyone! I invited Teresa D'Amario to blog. She has two books published with Freya's Bower (one of which releases in print on November 30), a story to come out in our charity anthology Dreams & Desires, vol. 4, in February, and one that's she's working on, which I am champing at the bit to see. (g) Her specialty is shifter stories. Hot shifters stories. You can see why I am so, well, hot for her latest manuscript. (g)

Ms. D'Amario, the floor is yours. :)

~ ~ ~

I'm VERY Thankful right now.

Not too long ago I read a blog (and I wish I remembered who wrote it) which talked about whether people really want the different and unexpected. The author compared the number of similar television shows on these days, such as the variety of CSI and the NCIS and the Second NCIS.

Today I was sitting here with Hallmark channel on, just veging, trying to wrap my brain around the fact it's Thanksgiving week and that I need to go shopping. Hallmark channel is always a great channel to get into the mood, right?

Wrong.

Seriously! Hallmark is playing it's 33 days of Christmas, and there's not

a Thanksgiving show to be had. All are Christmas. Then, as I paid minimal attention to the shows over the last few days, I realize most of them are a take off of Dickens A Christmas Carole, and the traditional "meet the real santa" shows (I can't say they are miracle on 34th street, because even that one is different).

Now I know the holidays are a time for tradition. We all decorate the same ways each year, half of us make the same Turkey dinners each year (admit it - come on - tell me!) Even so, I like a little variety in my holiday spirit. Now me, I'm not a holiday type writer (unless you count Halloween). But if I could, I'd write a fantastical Christmas tail (no that's not a typo) that would be fun and exciting. Or maybe a Thanksgiving story which incorporates a little more non-traditional story telling.

So be honest - what would you like to see that's a wee bit different? The little people from Ireland? Or maybe a fuzzy tail or two? And what about plot? Is it a traditional tale of ghosts of Christmas past?

~ ~ ~

SheWolf

A small town veterinarian has a big time problem. She's not human.

Plagued as a child with an extra-sensitive sense of smell, strength, and eyesight, Anna Callaway always thought she was special. But she didn't understand how special until she met Kieran Hunter.

He insists they are True Mates, but he's not human either. He's wolven.

Kieran is a protector of his race. No longer the Alpha of his pack, he spends his time searching out and punishing any who may reveal their race to humans. While patrolling, he finds two wolven about to kidnap Anna. He battles to protect her, but is surprised to find himself drawn to her in a way he neer expected.

The couple must learn to deal with their differences before they can address their similarities. But when three men kidnap Anna, she must decide if she is to embrace the wolven way of life, or return to her quiet existence. And whether to abandon the man who claims her as his True Mate.

Purchase page.

13 comments:

Emmy Ellis said...

Hiya!

I'm actually a terrible bah humbag kinda gal. I hate Christmas songs, Christmas TV, Christmas bloody everything. Hmmm. Sorry about that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:o)

Marci Baun said...

Then, Sarah, I imagine you enjoyed the movie "Bad Santa." (g) Or perhaps you would like the 12 Days of Freddie Kruger. (g)

Me, I think I'd like to see more faerie tales. (g)

Victoria said...

The older I get the less I like the holidays. I think it's because they are shoved down our throats earlier and earlier every year. Stores around me had Christmas stuff out two weeks before Halloween. That's just plain stupid.
Can't wait to go pick up my hard copy of SHE WOLF. I loved it!

Marci Baun said...

I agree with you, Victoria. I saw Christmas stuff as early as the new school year stuff this year. I love Christmas, but I wish they'd wait until December to ramp up for it.

Teresa D'Amario said...

LOL Sarah, you and my husband are two peas in a pod. LOL He hates Christmas everything!

And yep, Viki, they start so early! There's a commercial out that said "now that you're tired of Christmas commercials...." But it turned out the commercial aired in mid October and was the first one I'd seen. Kinda ruined the flow, eh? LOL

But I'm still a Christmas fan! I plan to decorate my 9 ft tree this year for everyone to see. (I'll be at home for Christmas this year so no traveling). And I'm so glad you enjoyed SheWolf! I love that book myself. :D

Faith Bicknell said...

Hi Teresa! How ya doing, hon?

My hubby was complaining about the same thing last weekend. "For God's sake, I'm already seeing Christmas programs! We've jumped from Halloween to Christmas? What the hell happened to Thanksgiving...?" And then he's off on one of his mini soapbox rants, lol.

Marci Baun said...

It's the Christmas sales that are already happening. One of the stores out here is opening 3 am on Friday night! WTF! But you can start shopping early on Thursday. My God! Who is going to shop early. Some one will in search of the deal. That same store has a Kindle on sale for $99. That's one of the Black Friday deals. Charlie asked me, "Do you want to go get it? You mean wait out in 5 below weather for three hours or more after I've eaten myself into a coma until the store opens to save $40? Um, no. It'd be cheaper to use the rest of that Target gift certificate to by the Kindle from there and not have to deal with all of the insanity.

For some reason, he feels like he's missing out on something. A stampede? Death by freezing? Insane people?

Yeah, I'll pass. (g)

Teresa D'Amario said...

Faith, hey girl, sorry I missed that comment somehow (I promise I've refreshed like 15 times tonite)

LOL and yeah, my mini rant is that the programs are ALL THE SAME! I don't mind watching them, but could they have a new plot please?

And Marci, dont' get the kindle there - I hear Amazon will have kindle 2 on sale for $89. Much cheaper!

Oh, and Kohls opens at 3 am here. I could go after I get off the "day job". LOL

Unknown said...

you mean you're not already making plans to head out to Kohls? They have good deals. :) There's one right down the street.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Emmy Ellis said...

I couldn't even watch Bad Santa, Marci, because it has Santa in it hahaha!

I forgot to say yesterday... She Wolf was my first ever read of a shifter book, and I will never forget it.

:o)

Marci Baun said...

Teresa,

When? Is this one of their Black Friday deals?

Marci Baun said...

Jodi,

You won't find me out there at 3 am. You'll find me in bed. (g)

Marci Baun said...

HAHAHAHA, Sarah! See, I love the whole Santa thing. (g) I still believe. ;-)