Friday 25 May 2012

PIN ALL THE THINGS!!!!!!!


by Cassandra Dean

My friends, I am here to warn you of a scourge that is overtaking this grand internet of ours. It slides insidiously into our lives, insinuating itself in our daily interactions until it's impossible to imagine life without it.

This evil is Pintrest.

Maybe you have heard this cautionary tale. You start with a mild curiosity. You've heard people talking about this pinboard website thing, where you can tack pictures and crafty idea type things to virtual pinboards. You can put up anything you desire, from wedding ideas to pics of sexy man-like people (or girl-like people, or both-like people). You hear it's the bestest ever, but people tell you not to sign up. Seriously, don't sign up. YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED.

Pshaw, you think. I'll just check it out.

Fourteen days later, a stack of used frozen dinner containers fall over and you come to yourself to find you have been hunched over a computer for all of that time. Unopened mail clogs your letter box. You haven't interacted your family. Sunlight is a distant memory. But. BUT! YOU MUST PIN ALL THE THINGS! 
And turning again to your computer, you succumb to its irresistible lure.


I speak with authority, my friends. I am addicted to Pintrest. Hours, hours, I spend bathed in the glow of my computer, hunting for elusive pictures to pin to my boards. I must have that picture of a corset for my "Research- Corsets" board. I must pin that movie poster to "Movies/TV". My, that's a might fine picture of Jon Hamm, I shall pin to "PrettyBoys".

It's a sickness, and I am ashamed.

However, there is hope. A band of revolutionaries seek to destroy Pintrest's stranglehold on us all. I believe they were last seen pinning weapon and strategy ideas to their board entitled "How to Take Down Pintrest". 
...

I don't think the revolution is going so well.

In any event, heed my tale of addiction and woe, friends.
Do not succumb.



AVAILABLE NOW!

Ever curious, Elizabeth, Viscountess Rocksley, has turned her curiosity to erotic pleasure. Three years a widow, she boldly employs the madame of a brothel for guidance but never had she expected her education to be conducted by a coldly handsome peer of the realm.

To the Earl of Malvern, the erotic tutelage of a skittish widow is little more than sport, however the woman he teaches is far from the mouse he expects. With her sly humor and insistent joy, Elizabeth obliterates all his expectations and he, unwillingly fascinated, can’t prevent his fall.

Each more intrigued than they are willing to admit, Elizabeth and Malvern embark upon a tutelage that will challenge them, change them, come to mean everything to them…until a heartbreaking betrayal threatens to tear them apart forever.

About Cassandra Dean
Cassandra grew up daydreaming, inventing fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures. Once she learned to read (First phrase – To the Beach. True story), she was never without a book, reading of other people’s fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures.

Fairy tales, Famous Fives, fantasies and fancies; horror stories, gumshoe detectives, science fiction; Cassandra read it all. Then she discovered Romance and a true passion was born.

So, once upon a time, after making a slight detour into the world of finance, Cassandra tried her hand at writing. After a brief foray into horror, she couldn’t discount her true passion. She started to write Romance and fell deep.

The love affair exists to this very day.

Cassandra lives in Adelaide, South Australia.

No comments: