Thursday 6 September 2012

Review: Alec’s Reward

by Kim Dare

Publisher: Total e-Bound
(No cover available for this title)

I’ve been doing some market/genre research of late, so I’ve been buying books from various authors and picking up freebies in specific sub-genres, too. This one I came across on Total e-Bound’s free reads page.

Since this story is so short, I don’t want to spoil the plot for anyone who downloads the e-book, so I’ll try to sum it up in a nutshell.

Alec is a submissive. Mr. Leavery is the master. Alec has worked extremely hard to win his master’s approval and has undergone all the rigorous ins and outs of being the submissive of a BDSM master. Now Alec has completed a final task of endurance and devotion of his current phase of training, so he awaits Mr. Leavery’s decision on whether or not he has passed the test.

Although I’ve read and edited light BDSM, it’s not a genre that I’m keen on, so this story wasn’t really my cup of tea...

However, Ms. Dare writes well. The author has a clean, streamlined style and wields the five senses like sharp weapons. I smelled, heard, felt, saw, and tasted everything because it’s so well defined in the story—and without being overdone. Lastly, this short tale has a nice, satisfying ending.

If you like BDSM and a li’l m/m too, give this short a try. You can find it on Total e-Bound’s free reads page.

Disclaimer: all books reviewed by 4SW have been purchased or are free offers downloaded by the individual reviewer; some may even be borrowed from our local libraries. 

No comments: