Saturday 24 December 2011

A Christmas Miracle

Last Monday, Charlie, Lily, and I decided to have dinner at a local mall. What? Were we insane? Well, honestly, I wasn't thinking nor was Charlie, or we wouldn't have gone there. But by the time we thought about what we were doing, we were already in line to enter the parking lot (yes, in line), and it was too late as Lily was nearly foaming at the mouth hungry and only wanted the promised meal. (sigh) And there was no way to turn around. We were a bit stuck.

So, we see this huge line in front of us. At the front the stop sign 20 or so cars ahead is a security person waving a glow stick directing traffic. Five or ten minutes later (although it did seem longer with the moaning, I'm-going-to-die-if-I-don't-eat-now child in the backseat), we turn into the parking lot behind a couple of others. We are routed to the right down an aisle behind several other cars. The person in front of us is anxious and zooms ahead. We do not, and, lo and behold (insert heavenly music here), there in front of us a car is pulling out. Not just one car, but two. Both parking spots are close to the entrance we want to go into.

It's a miracle! Not just any miracle, but a Christmas miracle. (g) Charlie cannot believe it happened. I, on the other hand, have no problems believing. (g) When it comes to parking lots, I am heaven blessed... most of the time, but especially that night. :)

So, the lesson here is...

1. believe in miracles
2. or avoid malls during Christmas?

I'd say both.

Have a very Merry Christmas, Blessed Yule, Happy Hanukkah (although that ends on the 27th), and so on, and I'll "see" you next week.

8 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Happy Christmas to you and yours too! :)

Terri Talley Venters said...

My Grandpa Brent had the best luck with parking spaces in the best spot. And not just Christmas, but all year round. So whenever a great parking spot opens up front, my mother and I always say "thank you Brent!"

Valerie Mann said...

Ugh, you are one brave woman! But if I dared to take that same leap of faith, I would take my husband because he's lucky like you are. There may be two parking spots and fifty cars circling like vultures and I'll say, "no way are we going to find a spot" and he'll say, "this is me we're talking about." Sure enough, damn the man. He finds one like you do. It's sickening but handy.

Marci Baun said...

Thanks, Christine.

Some people just have the "touch," Terri and Valerie. I have it more days than not. (g)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

DARRELX said...

I call miracles like that, an act of providence. I always thank God for small mercies. Merry Christmas everyone!

Marci Baun said...

Oh, I am always thankful, Darrel. (g)

Faith Bicknell said...

Those hungry kids in the backseat can be quite harrowing, lol.

Marci Baun said...

Lily is particularly harrowing, Faith. (g) No, no, I won't eat anything else but that. I have to have it or I'll die!

HAHAHAHAHA