Wednesday 20 October 2010

We're Baaaccckkkkk!



Sara Pictures, Images and PhotosHappy October to all our followers and visitors!

We’ve been bad, bad girls. We admit it. Life tends to throw us curve balls (unexpected grandchildren), illnesses (whine-ass husbands), too much work (procrastination at its height), and so many other distractions (say it with me: Shiny Object Syndrome) that we often let things fall to the wayside like our cute li’l blog.

But, due to my persistent prodding, I got the four of us back on track blogging here at Four Strong Women. Sarah was inspired to revamp the site, and wow did she ever do an amazing job! New header, new template, cool sigs and some of our recent releases over on the side bar and many more sparkly Shiny Object Syndrome watzits! The woman is a marvel, that’s for sure!

With that said, take a few minutes to click on the links on our sidebar. Sarah worked hard on them!

What we’ll be doing here at FSW is posting at least once a week. Each one of us will take a week. Mine is the third Friday of each month (although I’ve posted this early), and I believe Marci’s is the fourth Friday. Tess and Sarah can squabble over the other weeks of the month, lol! However, if one of us feels like blogging on any other day, we’ll do that, too, as the mood strikes (ouch! Damn it, Sarah, I was talking about the mood striking, not you!).

Anyhoo, {rubs back of skull} we’ll blog about whatever we like. We’ll bitch, moan, groan, laugh, share news, post reviews of books we’ve read for our own personal pleasure, movies, recipes, websites, and so on. And yes, you’ll get more of our zany, off-beat humor too!

So, we hope you’ll subscribe to our blog. Also, whenever you read something humorous, wickedly bitchy, or interesting here at Four Strong Women, please share the link on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and all those other numerous social network sites out there. We’ll be doing our best to keep up with our blogging days!
bullshit Pictures, Images and Photos
Next time I blog, it will be either a book review of a novel I’m nearly finished with or something based on my new motto my oldest daughter gave me: If people are talking shit about me then I must be famous!

Uh, oh. I feel a snarky blog post coming. Yeah, it’s down in there deep brewing, bubbling, gurgling ready to…uh, no. Sorry. That’s the chili I had for lunch.

Never mind.


28 comments:

Emmy Ellis said...

Gawd bloody help us if you've had chilli. Jesus bloody Christ! Where's the air freshener, girls?

Yes, this blogging lark went by the wayside last year, didn't it, so now we're back with a vengeance. Let's blog out arses off and let our hair down. I just wish I looked like the chick who represents me in the banner. Nice tits, long hair, curvy body.

Shit, I've gone and depressed my damn self.

Heh, not really. But I still wish I looked like her. Sigh.

:o)

Faith Bicknell said...

OMG! My head is already killing me, so don't make me laugh!

Faith Bicknell said...

Oh, and I fixed my typos and added my sig, LMAO!

Emmy Ellis said...

Hahahah. Sorry.

I didn't notice any typos!

Marci Baun said...

Man, that was nasty, Faith. Save it for your family! ;)

Gah, it's been a long time. And I was thinking we might just want to pick a week (mine being #4), and then post whenever we damn well feel like it. No particular day, just when we get to it. :D

Well, Sarah, if I had those tits on my chick, I'd be able to find bras that fit. Since I don't, I go commando. TMI? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Marci Baun said...

That is, whatever day of that week we feel like, you know. It might happen on a Wednesday, or a Thursday, or Friday night (you know, because I'm that young thang that goes out for a rip roaring time on the weekends now. snort)

Anny Cook said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we allll looked like our banners???

Unknown said...

I dont know which made me snort louder whine ass husbands or shiny object syndrome. Awesome.
Can't wait to read your reviews now.
Eve :)

Faith Bicknell said...

Hey, that chili was good! Worth every sniff and gag that comes in here!

ROFLMAO!!!

Faith Bicknell said...

Hi Eve!

I'm not snarky in reviews, but I can really rip snort (no, not the chili kind) when it comes to this blog. It's one of the reasons I wanted to get it going again. It's a great place to let our hair down.

Tess MacKall said...

Well my excuse for not posting is because I've been way too busy. Besides, I haven't been feeling too strong. LOL

But I'm getting my second wind. Someone just needs to tell me when to freaking blog. LOL

Faith Bicknell said...

No worries. I'll be sending out a reminder to everyone.

And Tess, you're one of the strongest women I know!

Emmy Ellis said...

Hahaha @ tits and wishing we were like our banners. Bloody hell, we have some issues to take to Oprah's sofa. Maybe she can give us some of her cash so we can get tit jobs and make ourselves look lush.

Ahhh, I can dream, can't I?

(Anny, come with me to the clinic, will ya? I need someone to hold my hand!)

As for going out at weekends...my God, I'd trip arse over tit if I had to wear heels, and get one alcoholic drink down me and I'm drunk. Lightweight.

Yep, being reminded to blog is my problem too. I've got my head in the clouds half the time these days. I'm not averse to being prodded about it being my week.

Either that, or Faith can eat chilli the day I need to post and just fart. The whiff will remind me to get blogging!

Jooooking!

Anny Cook said...

Sarah, rather than come to the clinic with you, I'll just give you some of mine. I have plenty to spare...

Tess, feel better soon!

Emmy Ellis said...

Oh, what a bargain. I get some of Anny Cook's tits!

GO ME!

I feel all speshul now. WOOT!

:o)

Anny Cook said...

You should. I don't make that offer to just any passing author, you know.

C. Zampa said...

Another Sarah MASTERSpiece! Love the site, ladies, and I'm looking forward to keeping up with your thoughts!

Emmy Ellis said...

LMFAO Anny!

Hiya CZ! HUG!

:o)

Tess MacKall said...

Sinus condition has simply dragged me down, Anny. Better one day, worse the next. Every Oct/Nov I get this.

Hey, lookin' like our banners? Who says I DON'T look like my banner? LOL Yeah, right.

I'll bypass the clinic and simply take what comes I guess.

Molly Daniels said...

Yay! You're back:) And Marci's on board? Awesome!!! I'll put your link back on my blog (hangs head...I took you off after you quit posting...forgive me????)

Marci Baun said...

Since you are following us again, Molly, we'll forgive you. (g)

I just want bras that fit, Sarah. Yesterday, I had to wear a bra for a meeting. I have little, but was busting out the top while the band squeezed. I took it off as soon as I could. I have another meeting tonight. (sigh) Another bra event. (sigh)

Welcome, Anny, Eve, and CZ.

Molly Daniels said...

LOL...there was a segment on the morning show about women and wearing the proper size bra!

I'm either a popular size or irregular one; I have trouble finding my size. So the last time I found one I liked, I bought several!

Emmy Ellis said...

I hate tight bra bands. Also having trouble finding an underwire bra that "feels" right. I've been wearing sports bras the past few years. Got into the comfort of those, and now anything else feels off.

:o)

Marci Baun said...

"Bras that fit" that's an oxymoron, Sarah.

Molly, I saw that. People have "fitted" me before. One try to tell me I was a 34. Um, only if you cut me in half, I'm a 34. Even 36 is uncomfortable. Being a member of the IBTC makes finding size 38 in my cup size nigh impossible. And why would I want an underwire? What is that underwire going to hold up? (g)

Emmy Ellis said...

Anyone ever tried those chicken thingies?

Faith Bicknell said...

Oh, boy. I'm terrified to ask, but here goes.

Chicken thingies???

Marci Baun said...

They are called chicken cutlets...I think. I've never tried them and probably won't. They don't sound any more comfortable than bras. Many years ago in college, I played a wench in The Three Penny Opera. The costumers kept trying to give me cleavage by pushing my breast up. Like me at the time, they didn't like to be told what to do and never stayed where they were put. (g) No cleavage for me. HAHAHAHA

Any way, here's a link for those Chicken cutlet thingies.

Emmy Ellis said...

That's the things!

They get all hairy and sticky after a while. Not because of hairy tits or whatever--no offence to those with hairy tits!--but where they're put down after use. Gross!

:o)